Best of Powell River 4: The woebegone BC Ferries
BC Ferries: the boats Sunshine Coasters loves to hate. And with good reason. Especially this summer (ooooh those Saltery Bay line-ups). The Best of Powell River Contest had voters purging their contempt for the Crown Corporation. But it wasn’t all bad. There’s great toast!
Best BC Ferry:
- Snarky comments such as “There is none” and “Ha!”
- MV Island Sky (To lower Sunshine Coast, usually)
- Queen of Burnaby (to Comox, usually)
Best answers: A bridge. A free one. Al’s Water Taxi. The Queen of Suck. The one that’s reached its destination.
Staff notes: Voters noted that ferry workers are awesome; advisory committees formidable. Management, policies and the corporation as a whole, not so much.
Best food on BC Ferries:
- Snarky stuff such as ”Are you kidding me?” and “My packed lunch.”
- White Spot Legendary Burger
- Fries and Gravy
Best answers: M&M’s peanuts. Mentos. Thaidal Zone take out. The hot water for your tea. The little Kraft peanut butter servings. The paper towels. Vending machine Cheesies. Water. Barf.
Staff notes: Someone wrote in “Ferry toast,” and we know exactly what you mean. Crisp, light and flavourful, coated with a juicy salt-fat splurt of butter, and slathered with peanut butter and jam. That’s eating. And at the low, low price of 25 cents per slice, you can’t go wrong.
Latest posts by Powell River Living Magazine (see all)
- Say Goodbye to This Hulk - April 9, 2017
- Watch out for Whales! - April 3, 2017
- Expedia calls PR “charming historic town,” but “sleepy” - March 10, 2017