Build a Better Holiday with these Christmas Events: December 23 to 25
Slip on your dancing shoes, as the Christmas events this weekend kick off with three live bands on Friday night, plus the toe-tapping animation Sing!
Friday, December 23
- The Zoo, 10 pm. Bring an item for the Food Bank.
Christmas Gig: Sam Hurrie Band
- The Red Lion Pub, 8 pm. All you hep cats bring visiting relatives and returning family. No cover – donation to Food Bank accepted instead.
The Red Nose Giddy Up DJ party
- 8 pm-midnight at That Sugar Vault. Especially for people home for Christmas! Prizes. No cover.
The week of December 21 to 29
- At The Patricia Theatre. In 3D 7 pm nightly except 24th & 25th; 1:30 pm matinees 24th & 26th in 2D. Closed December 25.
Saturday, December 24 – Christmas Eve
United / Lutheran Christmas Eve services
- 7 pm at Faith Lutheran Church. The ABC’s of Christmas: Carols and Candlelight.
Anglican Eucharist Service
- 7 pm, St. David and St. Paul’s Anglican Church.
- At the Salvation Army with Lighthouse Community Church. 6:30 pm.
- At 4 pm and 6 pm at Westview Baptist Church. Note: no service December 25.
Sunday, December 25 – Christmas Day
Lutheran / United Christmas Day services
- 10:30 am at the United Church. Lessons and Carols.
Sunday, Christmas Morning Prayer
- 10 am St. David and St. Paul’s Anglican Church.
Free Christmas Day Dinner
- Westview Baptist Church, appies at 5:30 pm, dinner at 6 pm. For singles, seniors and couples who would otherwise be alone for Christmas. Reservations by December 21, please. RSVP to 604-485-9607 or Marg Cooper 604-485-2143.
Latest posts by Powell River Living Magazine (see all)
- Say Goodbye to This Hulk - April 9, 2017
- Watch out for Whales! - April 3, 2017
- Expedia calls PR “charming historic town,” but “sleepy” - March 10, 2017