Drink and Dash for the BOMB Squad
Pavement Pounders pound drinks for a good cause
The Powell River Pavement Pounders are a group of running enthusiasts who decided to create a fun event for the community that would benefit those who create and maintain our wonderful trail networks. That event is the Drink and Dash 10km fun run.
All proceeds from the Drink and Dash event go to the BOMB Squad.
The Drink and Dash 10 kilometre walk/run takes place annually on a Saturday in late June. This year’s event, the 3rd annual, is on June 24, 2017, starting at 11:00am, with a finish no later than 2:00pm. Participants walk or run along sidewalks and trails with 8 refreshment stops at pubs and restaurants before finishing at Coastal Cookery for a burger and beer.
This event usually brings out people’s creativity, too, with participants showing up in crazy costumes. It’s an event that’s not to be missed!
Registration day is on Friday, April 7th from 6:00pm to 8:00pm at Strikers Bar and Grill, 4478 Marine Avenue.
The event is limited to 80 participants, so don’t wait!
Entry is $80 which includes an event tank top or T-shirt, a drink at each stop, and a burger and beer at the finish.
- Best Costume – $100 gift certificate to BC Liquor Store
- First person to the Cookery – $100 gift certificate to Capone’s Cellar
- 50/50 draw
- Plus plenty more!
You can also follow the Drink and Dash Facebook page for more updates.
All photos provided.
Latest posts by Powtown Post (see all)
- Healthy Sip & Social to Start off the New Year - January 5, 2018
- Christmas Sing at ECU – No Talent Required! - December 11, 2017
- “O Christmas Tea” is Coming Back to Powell River December 15! - November 30, 2017