Plant-Based Cooking Classes
- Price: $240 + tax
- Date: Wed, Sep 13, 2017 - Wed, Oct 25, 2017
- Time: 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
- Venue: Powell River Senior's Centre
- Location: Cranberry, Powell River
- Purchase Tickets
In this 6-part series you will learn the basics of plant-based cooking and nutrition so that by the end of the 6 weeks you will feel confident about cooking a variety of tasty, healthy plant-based meals for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. Each week we will focus on a different meal, making at least one delicious dish so that you can learn and practice practical kitchen skills, acquire plant-based cooking know-how, and eat some delicious food. We use high-quality ingredients, organic whenever possible.
What does “Plant-Based Cooking” mean?
It means healthy, delicious food that is made without any animal products or by-products. Whole foods that come from plants are abundant in nutrients that benefit our physical, mental and emotional health. They are naturally high in fiber and low in saturated fat, and a well-balanced whole foods plant-based diet has been proven to prevent and reverse some of the most common diseases that afflict people in the Western World. And it’s easier than you may think to cook with them!
Who should take this class? Anyone who is interested in learning:
- how to eat more healthfully without compromising flavour
- how food can affect long-term health and improve many chronic conditions
- the whys and hows of plant-based eating
- how to cook from scratch, quickly and efficiently
- how to make healthy meals that don’t keep you in the kitchen for hours