Best of Powell River 1: Got visitors?
If you’ve got city slickers in your guest bedroom in August, you may find yourself running low on host-power come day 3. Let these Best of Powell River winners help you power through that visit with style!
Best local souvenir:
- Townsite beer
- Pollen sweater / Flower rock (tie)
- Thick t-shirt
Best answers: Bucket of blackberries. Oyster shell. Art. Blackberry jam. Canned salmon. Driftwood. Ferry ticket. Kings jersey. Love your Elders bumper sticker. Mosquito bites. Outdoor rejuvenation. PR Living mag (seriously, we didn’t make that up). Prawns. Sand. Shells. Some home-grown bud. Sunburn. Blackberry tattoo.
Best place to take visiting relatives:
- Lund (Nancy’s Bakery)
- Savary Island
- Up the Lake
Best tourist attraction:
- Sunshine Coast Trail
- The view
Best book about a local thing:
- Hut to Hut Hiking on the Sunshine Coast Trail – by Eagle Walz
- Adventures in Solitude: What Not to Wear to a Nude Potluck and Other Stories from Desolation Sound – by Grant Lawrence
- Written as I Remember It – by Elsie Paul, Paige Raibmon and Harmony Johnson
Best restaurant to impress visiting guests:
- Laughing Oyster
- The Alchemist
- Coastal Cookery
Staff notes: The food? The ambience? The view? The personalities? What makes a restaurant impressive to visitors? These places have it.
Best of Powell River Contest: This Spring, Powell River Living and the Powtown Post introduced the first ever Best of Powell River contest. Hundreds of locals voted in print and online, sharing their insiders’ advice. For the full results, pick up a copy of August’s Powell River Living magazine, or check it out at prliving.ca.
Latest posts by Powell River Living Magazine (see all)
- Say Goodbye to This Hulk - April 9, 2017
- Watch out for Whales! - April 3, 2017
- Expedia calls PR “charming historic town,” but “sleepy” - March 10, 2017