Powell River: Paradise on Four Wheels
We have lots of logging roads in the Powell River backcountry to ride and hike. But when they are deactivated and age, recreational users refurbish them to become quad or hiking trails. Here are a few trails from rides we’ve taken over the years.
If you try to find these quad trails don’t be surprised if they’ve washed out or grown over. Mother Nature reclaims her territory at a very rapid rate. They remain open because of the ongoing trail maintenance by groups such as the Wednesday Crew of quad riders and the BOMB (Bloody Old Men’s Brigade) Squad group of hikers and ATV owners. Thank you to all of the individuals and groups who maintain our backcountry trails. Through your efforts we all can explore the best that Powell River has to offer.
Want to know more about quad riding in the Powell River region? Check out these resources.
- ATV Category on the Powell River Books blog
- Powell River Quad Rides Blog
- Powell River ATV Club Contacts
- Powell River ATV Club Video
- Every Trail online
- Up the Main in print or e-book
- Farther Up the Main in print or e-book
- Beyond the Main in print or e-book
Do you have any trails to share? Let us know. — Margy
Latest posts by Margy Lutz (see all)
- Learn a little bit about the logging industry in Powell River - November 18, 2016
- Quadding on “The Rock” - July 19, 2016
- Learning to sail on Powell Lake - June 28, 2016